Thursday, September 17, 2009

Story Bonus Chapter 5 and a Half

Deep in the Rain PLUS Chapter 5 and a Half

 

     Life is a play and the people watching the play are those who live their lives within my story. Every five chapters, one of these chapters will appear, let’s call it a “Half” chapter. In these half chapters, all my characters will be watching the play; the characters that are introduced in my story will come to watch and the characters that die will leave the show. That’s all the info you need to know for now, shall we begin?

     I opened my eyes to find myself inside a limousine, I must’ve dozed off for a second because I feel so tired. The seats are covered in silk; it’s very comfortable but one thing that sticks in my mind is “When did I get in the car?”. I go to look out the window, but they’re so tinted that I can’t see a thing. I consider rolling down my window but by the sounds I can hear outside, it sounds like it’s raining quite heavily.

     Apparently I’m not the only one in here, across from me on the opposite end is a young man in a black suit. I extend my hand out to introduce myself “Good evening, my name is …”

     He shook my hand and replied “Hello … my name is Toshi Mezzanotte.”

     We sat there for a bit in the awkward silence till suddenly the car slowed down and stopped. The door to my right opened and in stepped a young girl in a long white and pink striped dress. She headed to sit to the right of me and after she sat down we all introduced ourselves, apparently her name was Chi Innocenza. The car continued forward, we began to converse; nothing important, just little things. It was only a few more minutes till we picked up another person, he introduced himself as Dr. Quinn January. He was a tall slender man with a large fluffy tail, I couldn’t tell how old he was; a mystery indeed.

     Quinn sat down but before the driver continued on the door beside me opened again. Everyone grabbed their umbrellas and began to head out. I looked to my left and found a small black umbrella by me, I hesitated at first not knowing whether or not it was mine but grabbed it anyway and began to open it as I headed out the vehicle. We were all standing outside and I was right, it was raining really hard. I turned to the limou, remembering I forgot to shut the door, but the car was no where to be seen. “It must have left already.” I thought to myself but as I looked down I noticed that there was no road either; only the cobblestone sidewalk that we were standing on.

     Lining the sidewalk was a small cobblestone wall with dark iron lampposts. I walked over to the wall and looked beyond only to find a vast ocean of emptiness. The water was so dark, it was as if the night sky was being poured into it. I was tired and confused so I decided to head back to the group when I tripped on something. I looked down to find a small plaque, it had a picture on it that looked like a person trying to grasp the moon; I couldn’t really tell though because my glasses were so wet. Below the poem were some words that read:

     “Watching and wondering why,

     We must wait to wave goodbye;

     Welcome to the world.”

     I looked down below the poem to see that the author’s name was scratched out. I ignored it and smiled “What an odd poem.” I thought to myself as I began to head back.

     In front of me now was the opera house, the theatre I had come to, to see the play called “Vita”. Lots of people had gathered from all over to see this show; it was that good. As I entered through the large wooden doors I found that all of us were wearing nametags. I don’t recall putting a nametag on but it didn’t really matter anyway. Most of the people I couldn’t make out, their faces were shadowy and their nametags were blurry.

     “It must be my glasses.” I thought to myself as I cleaned them off. But when I put them back on, everything still was the same.

     I was amazed at all the different looking people. All in suits and dresses, I felt like I was at a high end theatre. There were giant people there too, what a sight that was, truly amazing. I finally caught up with the group and as we began to head to our seats, I saw a man exiting the theatre. The play was going to start soon so I decided to go after him to let him know. I opened the door to find myself outside and the man was gone however another man was there. The man looked up at me but his face was shadowy so I couldn’t see his face or expression for that matter. He walked over to me and bowed “My name is Douglas, I am an usher” he said as he removed his hand from behind his back. In his hand was a small blue flower, it was beautiful and looked familiar for some reason.

     Douglas guided me back in and after taking my ticket he showed me to my seat. After giving me a quick layout of the building he bowed and left. We all sat ready, the lights dimmed, the curtains rose and the show began.

-END

Hope you like it, questions comments whatever you want to say I’m glad to hear it.

Cheers,

-Midnitez

No comments:

Post a Comment