Friday, September 18, 2009

Gungi--A Living Tribute

He made a very big impact on those who knew him and many more than were able to wanted to add to this but we wanted to get it up while he could see it and see just how much he meant to so many. I have seen pictures and heard stories and a couple of his mixes of Judas Priest and even as squashed MP3s I can hear that those mixes are huge–the kind of mix every rock engineer aspires to.

There are a few people in this business of whom I can say that i have never heard anyone say anything negative. But he may be the only person that I can point to and say I have never heard anything but raves and positive, great things. I wish i could have met him. The best we are able to do is let Gungi, his family at home and his family of scurvy road dogs know what he has meant to them both personally and professionally. I always liked the idea of paying tribute while the person being honored is still around to witness it.

Being a small part of putting this short video together has been a humbling and gratifying experience. THanks go to Todd Goldstein who is out with Tears For Fears and Brad Johnson who is currently mixing monitors for Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, for their video contributions and super top secret special thanks to Mical “Mikey” Caterina who really spearheaded this. I can only hope that when the time comes I can say I have friends like these.

The one thing I got from everyone who was involved or wanted to be was that Gungi has a huge heart that makes the notion of an audio family more real and less BS. Brother, I hope that I get the chance to meet you before your time comes. Until then, love your family and know that your brothers and sisters on the road thank you for bring an example, a mentor and an innovator.

THis document (including the video, can be a living document. If you have something to add get it to me and we will add it. I would love for this to grow by an order of magnitude in the coming days. Send me stuff–pics, video whatever an i will continue to add to what we have here.

Mostly, Gunji, we want you to have some kind of visual proof of how much the people in your professional family care about you and what you and your are dealing with now.

CHeck here: Micheal’s new blog

No comments:

Post a Comment