Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rugby, No Money and Reading Week

Well another weekend of six nations over. Ireland looked poor, France looked fantastic, England as suspected have no more gears to go up, Italy.. almost boys! Scotland stepped up their game from a poor showing against France and, had the game finished at 70 minutes, thouroughly deserved to win. Wales were piss poor for those minutes. Based on their performance against England I thouroughly believed that they had another one maybe two gears they could have gone up for Scotland andI still believe that they have those gears to go up for the France game. It is just a shame that they found reverse for the opening 70 minutes.  I was all ready to have a right sulk last night! I was thoroughly pissed off with the way the game was going. 15 minutes before the end I threw my rugby shirt off as I believed it was bringing bad luck (I am a firm believer in rugby karma), the shirt that brought us the Grand Slam and the win against Australia. I sat for the rest of the match in my bra (I was at home due to lack of funds, but doesn’t bode well as will have to go out for France match in just a bra!). Suddenly, Wales decided to play!! They found their form. Shane Williams was on fire! Jamie Roberts would have scored a wonderful try if it had not have been for some indecretion from Sam Warburton. On saying that i thought Warburton did add a bit of pace from the forwards. My heart was in my mouth! Every four letter word under the sun had been said during that game and even more so in the final 10! Why couldn’t we play like that for the whole 80? Scotland’s indecretions were their downfall. They threw it away. They basically did what Wales did last year and took their foot of the peddle. Losing Chris Paterson and Thom Evans certainly didn’t help their cause. All the Best to both of them. Robinson and Godman can stop making excuses, it was a blatant trip. Maybe you should ask Blair why he didn’t kick the ball into touch at the kick off?

For France I would take Cooper out and shoot him. Take Powell out and play Warburton. Hope Jenkins is fit again as James’ scrummaging wasn’t paticularly strong and it showed with a steady scrum when Jenkins came on, he was lucky that Murray was being penalised! Keep Williams at hooker because Bennet is useless. JT in second row proved how useless Charteris is. Bradley Davies looked good when he came on. Stephen Jones played well, I thought.

This week is reading week and I need to get my arse in gear and start reading loads for my up and coming essays. I have passed my first module with s first class and I want to continue in that fashion until I graduate. I need to read for four essays for four different subjects. The Middle East for People and Nations, John Calvin for War Reform and Identity, The Vietnam War for American Studies and some document analysis for Atlantic and the Making of the modern world (yet to be decided). I find it very difficult to start essays ahead of time and often find myself up at 5 in the morning the night before finishing my essay i had started 7 hours before. So instead of breaking the habit of a life time by starting the essays ahead of time, I am going to just read ahead of time! Cheating my habit slightly but I think this is the best way forward. So to sum up, I need to use my reading week for reading!

Charlotte and Liam had their house warming shindig on Friday night. Twas a good laugh. We all had a mahoosive chineese neal which finished us of for the rest of the night.. well me anyways. Didn’t drink too much. We had much fun playing Just Dance on the Wii.. very very funny! Charlotte and I had also made some marshmellow chocolate muffins as well for the night. They were nom despite a small mistake in the preparation. ^_^ I do feel like I need a PS3 now to plan ‘Pain’. A game where you sling shot a bloke around a city to cause as much destruction as possible! Very amusing!

Focus all fixed now! Fiesta still not sold but on Ebay with 19 watchers. So fingers crossed. Having the focus fixed does mean that we have NO money. So I could not go out and watch the game on saturday and could not celebrate the win in Cardiff! So must save for the France game.. i don’t like being home on international days!

Sadly, I have become known to have a daily rant! My biggest annoyance, at the moment, is the excessive use of Comic Sans MS around. Firstly, university! One of my lecturers uses it in all his lecture notes and the library has is on their checking systems as well as some uses elsewhere around the Uni. This is university not Primary School, for feck sake! It’s ridiculous! It is a hideous, childish font! Secondly, Ebayers! I will not purchase items from ebayers using Comic Sans as their fonts and I urge you all not to! It’s not fun, it is moronic! Thirdly, emails in work! I will not deal with any emails in work using Comic Sans! Grow up and use a proper font! Grrrrr. Idiots!

Drama this week with the History Society. The chairman resigned. Yet to know what is happening with that.

Right, I can’t be bothered any more. My head feels like it has popping candy in it. :( Blog again soon!

[Via http://confessionsofamentalcase.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment